A FEW WORD ABOUT US
The European Physical Society (EPS) joins forces with its 42 Member Societies, 18 Divisions and Groups and 40 Associate Members to organise all together the first edition of the EPS FORUM that will take place on-site at Sorbonne University, Paris, between the 2nd and the 4th of June 2022.
- Energy and sustainability,
- Accelerators, high-energy particle physics, nuclear physics
- Quantum technologies and photonics
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Biophysics, technological sequencing of proteins, pandemic, cancer treatments
- Condensed matter physics: from quantum materials to additive manufacturing.
The EPS Forum will dedicate two days for each of these goals.
This combination provides a unique forum to obtain informative overviews and discuss recent advances in a wide spectrum of topics, to meet in person the most qualified personalities in research including Nobel laureates, and to exchange directly with CEOs, representatives and stakeholders of the industrial sector connected to the above selected topics.
We wish to make the EPS Forum one of the Europe’s largest conferences in physics in the future. This desire is shared by the most prominent national physical societies in Europe, namely,
- The Austrian Physical Society,
- The Czech Physical Society,
- The Cyprus Physical Society,
- The French Physical Society,
- The German Physical Society (DPG),
- The Hungarian Physical Society,
- The Italian Physical Society,
- The Polish Physical Society
- The Portuguese Physical Society,
all contributing under the umbrella of the European Physical Society, in partnership with the following EPS Divisions and Groups:
- The Atom, Molecular and Optical Physics Division,
- The Condensed Matter Division,
- The Division of Physics in Life,
- The High-Energy and Particle Physics Division,
- The Physics Education Division,
- The Plasma Physics Division,
- The Quantum Electronics and Optics Division,
- The Statistical and Nonlinear Physics Division,
- The Technology and Innovation Group,
- The Young Minds Action Committee.
The programme features plenary lectures, invited talks, contributed talks and poster sessions, together with round tables and workshops on technological applications and societal issues within the different topics listed above.
This first edition of the EPS Forum will contribute to the economic recovery expected by all after the current health crisis. We have already secured the commitment of more than 10 national physical societies in Europe and 20 research organisations, which we consider as a guarantee of success for this event.
We will be delighted to welcome you and enjoy a great event in Paris.
Do not hesitate: Register and attend the EPS Forum!